Sunday, 25 May 2014

Lego Star Wars AT-AT 75054

My Lego room has reached a fully Lego laden state but I still make the mistake of looking in my favourite toy shop/Lego stockist and coming home with two Lego sets (the new 2014 Lego AT-AT and Rancor Pit - which is allowed because it fits under Jabba's Palace!).

I was envious of collectors who have an original AT-AT and at £109 it seemed a reasonable price.  Lego seem to have an ability to limit certain sets and my fear is this set will sell out fast and then be hard to get.  It's already selling at twice the retail on Amazon and ebay.  So despite having no room Mr AT-AT came home with me.

Firstly here is the box



It gives the dimensions of Mr AT-AT as 34cm height 34cm wide.  The box itself is 38x48x7cm so the AT-AT is about as tall and wide as the box.

Inside the box are two instruction books and eight bags of parts plus a really cool double sided poster. 






It is quite a complex build with lots of fiddly 'technic' type pieces to support and allow movement of its component parts.  Be prepared for sore fingers!  The first part built is the internal body anatomy and the neck.  It really doesn't look like anything much at this stage.  The legs are next to be built and I built all four at the same time simultaneously rather than building one then starting over with the instructions again.  The final part is the external body 'skin' and his head. 

Here he is completed:








There are two spring loaded bricks which hold the 'shooters' under the head.


The main body and top of the head opens.  The minifigures sit inside. The legs can be bent simultaneously but it doesn't stand stable enough to lift one leg.




There are five minifigures with this set:





I'm not convinced about the Snow Troopers 'skirts' they look a bit funny to me, especially from behind, but I guess it's hard to replicate the uniform.  Maybe if they were plastic as opposed to fabric but perhaps it's harder to bend or manufacture.




I'm kind of hoping having a Lego AT-AT doesn't create problems with my cat.



1 comment:

  1. That is SO UNFAIR! :)

    I have been looking forward to that set since it was announced and it still isn't out over here yet. :(

    I was at the Lego store in Downtown Disney yesterday and they didn't even have any mention of it.

    I am also looking forward to the new Snowspeeder (75049) because I missed out on the earlier versions of that too.

    Both will be out with us in August - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete