Saturday, 6 October 2012

Halloween Thriller Trollbeads

Trollbeads: Spider, Black Diamond, Pumpkin

There are new Trollbeads for Halloween:  Spider, Inner Glow and Pumpkin.  As I already have in in my collection Skeleton from Halloween 2010 (a very special limited release) I couldn't resist the new spooky collection.

Trollbeads spooky side can be seen in the 2011 promotional video (at the start of the video are two 'glowing beads', which seemed a cool idea).


 
 
 
So this year Trollbeads made 'Inner Glow'.  In normal light this is a pale clear glass bead with the palest green flecks inside.

With the light out (after a short 'charge' with a torch or in bright light) it has luminance. If you take it from outside daylight to inside it's like someone has flipped a tiny light switch. Flipping cool!

It is not the only bead that changes under different light conditions. I found that lavendar stripe can be blue under 'energy saving' lights.  This caused panic when out shopping once; having been in the Trollbead shop I thought I'd picked up one of their beads by mistake.
 


Inner Glow 'Off'
 
Inner Glow 'On'

 
The beads I currently have with my Mr Skeleton are: Spider, Black Diamond, Pumpkin, two silver stoppers, Inner Glow, Scarab Beetle, Blue Goldstone and Bead of Fortune.  All my favourite 'Gothic' beads.  It's really hard to get a photo with them all in focus and facing the right way.  Blue Goldstone is dissapointing bead as most of the time it just looks black (it's very dark blue with an internal glitter effect).
 
"It's that Pelvic Thrust...that drives you Insane
Lets do the Time Warp Again"


So for Halloween I will mostly be wearing my new Trollbeads, eating nice but bad foods, trying to stay warm and worrying that my newly 'Autumn Leaves Shade' dyed red hair is slowly turning ginger!
 


Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorise y’awl’s neighbourhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rot inside a corpse’s shell
The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller
Excerpt From 'Thriller' by Micheal Jackson spoken by Vincent Price


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post.

    Hadn't seen the trollhand video before and I love the recent release... and of course your skeleton necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete