Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Bakes & Cakes

I love baking and have been trying out various recipes.  I have plenty of cookery books I love to read! My favourite recipe is for cupcakes.
Basic cupcake mix

100g SR flour
100g margarine
100g sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla flavour

To this I have added chocolate chips, chopped up Cadbury's Fudge bars, chopped Mars Bars etc (not all at the same time!).

It can be made with our without cocoa.  A marble cake is made by having one mix with cocoa and one without.  Then swirling them together after dolloping in the cake tin.

I've tried icing sugar toppings (which I'm not so good at) and melted chocolate toppings.  Cheap economy chocolate seems to work really well and I'm brave enough to carefully melt it in the microwave.





I have also made a lemon drizzle version (soaked with lemon syrup with lemon icing)




I also make a mean cheese scone which is lovely if you put crispy bacon in the mix along with a teaspoon of Heinz tomato ketchup and a teaspoon of Worcester sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment